To provide military families with professional counseling and education to assist with the stresses related to combat. These workshops are offered at no cost to servicemen and servicewomen who are experiencing traumatic stress from combat. Spouses, children, and significant others are encouraged to attend the workshops.
How We Are Different
- Dad, mom, and the children are involved
- We offer unique support that addresses collateral damage, and the mental health issues facing the whole family including the children of veterans
- 100% volunteer staff
- All service members and family who have served in a combat or related combat areas – active, retired, or separated – any service, any area of service
- The cost of the retreats is free including all lodging and meals
- All sessions are self-paced according to the needs of the attendees
- Our retreat location is rural, pristine, and private on Hicks Lake, Lacey, WA
- Trained professional PTS/Mental Health counselors are available 24/7
The Lions Connection
Lions Clubs in International Multiple District 19 assist with volunteers. The retreats are organized by the Board of Directors of Lions Project New Hope NW, which is a non-profit 501[c] 3. PTS/Mental Health professional counselors and Workshop instructors work along with other volunteers to provide a kid’s camp and childcare.